5 Reasons to Adventure for Your Engagement Session
I have to start this post by admitting that I'm a little bit biased. I intentionally surround myself with nature and try to get my couples out with me to enjoy my two favourite things at once- taking photos and the beautiful outdoors. Engagement photos are included with each of my wedding packages and I encourage each of my couples to take advantage of that bonus somewhere with beautiful scenery and great wilderness.
The west coast of Canada also offers endless possibilities for getting out and adventuring- from lush forest, to hidden waterfalls, to sandy beaches. For most sessions, it is also easy to get more than one of those beautiful locations into some pictures.
Regardless of where you choose to go for your engagement photos, they are going to be beautiful, but getting out into nature with the one you love most is the best, and here are 5 reasons why:
1. Being out in nature makes things less awkward. I don’t know what it is about being out in nature, but something about being out in the green, or with the crashing of the waves, makes the fact that someone is up in your face with a camera feel a lot less awkward. One of the things I hear most from couples is that they're awkward in photos and don't know how to pose, but being out in nature means that you will relax more and the photos will be more natural looking.
2. We can create epic images without worrying about ruining your expensive dress or suit. You know those amazing hiking images you see with couples on a mountain? We can do that on a day with less pressure than your wedding day and with maybe less expensive attire so you don’t have to worry as much about things getting dirty. You can still dress up and look incredible, but in a less expensive way.
3. Engagement photos are a great excuse to see a new place! Is there a place that you’ve wanted to hike or visit for a long time, but just haven’t had the chance? This is it! Your engagement session is the perfect reason to go see that waterfall, forest or beach you’ve always wanted to.
4. Show off your personality, but still keep your family happy. If you’re anything like me, eloping seemed like the perfect option, but you know your families would be disappointed by the prospect of being left out of the big day. If you’re also feeling that pressure, having an adventurous engagement session can be a great alternative. You still have the opportunity to capture those amazing adventure vibes that your relationship embodies without disappointing your family by not having a wedding.
5. So many opportunities to capture authentic moments. Adventuring means that as a photographer I really have the chance to document a real, authentic experience. We hike, we stop and genuinely enjoy our surroundings and I capture pieces of the entire thing. From the little moments to the epic scenes, every image is captured honestly, showing the beauty in your relationship without any bs.
Are you convinced yet? If not, or if you just want to get a better idea of what an adventure session might look like, you can check out some full adventure sessions on my blog!
Also, if you want more info or to book your own session, feel free to contact me with any questions you have!
#adventuresession #adventureengagementsession #adventurephotographer #forestengagementsession #adventureweddingphotographer #engagementphotos #engagementsession #adventureinstead #adventure #Europeanadventurephotographer #Irelandelopementphotographer #irelandweddingphotographer #vancouverislandweddingphotographer