What to Wear to Your Engagement Session
Engagement sessions are fantastic. In fact, they are often my favourite sessions. They are a great way to explore somewhere beautiful, connect as a couple, and capture some images that express the love you and your partner have. Once we are out in nature and adventuring things flow naturally and easily. But before getting to the location, some back work needs to be done to insure that our images end up looking amazing. For me, honestly, this is the hardest part, and I know many couples struggle with it as well, so I thought it might be a good idea to pass some tips on to you!
First and foremost, you want to choose outfits that you and your partner will be comfortable in. If you feel uncomfortable in what you're wearing, it's going to show in the pictures and we don't want that. You can also bring more than one outfit if you want. I highly recommend bringing two pairs of shoes as well, as we are usually hiking around a bit. One pair of fancy-ish shoes, one pair good hiking shoes for each of you- unless you're ok with just being in cute hiking shoes ;) .
Some other things to consider: Do you want a formal look, or something more laid back? What expresses your personalities, but will also look great in photos? How would you like your hair and make-up done? There is no right or wrong answer here! Just what will fit you and your partner the best.
- Color coordinate with your partner. Not necessarily matching colours, but complimentary colours
- Wear a pattern (but just one per person if you can!)
- Wear beautiful, long, flowy dresses, especially ones that have some amount of form- fitting.
- Muted tones or colors
- A nice dress shirt with nice jeans
- accessorize nicely and subtly
- Wear ball caps
- Clothing with logos on them
- Wear colors that don't jive with your partner's color choices
- Wear horizontal stripes or neon colors.
- Clothing that looks worn or old.
These, however, are all just guidelines. The thing that is most important is that you and your partner both feel great in what you're wearing. If you have any more questions, don't hesitate to send me a message and ask! :)
Here are a few engagement sessions to give you some more ideas as well: